Hello Travellies! Wow, so much has been going on recently and I am so proud of myself for keeping up! Thank you to all my loyal supports. You all mean the world to me! This week, I wanted to bring some more information you’re way regarding, What Some Countries May Require for Entry. There are also some more surprising things coming for September! I can’t wait for you all to see.
Given today’s climate, it’s very important to travel with Travel Insurance. Also, most countries as a ‘opposite’ to vaccination status want you to have it. If you’re looking for some Travel Insurance, check out The Travel Insurance master who offer’s great plans for travelling outside of your home country. The process is really easy and they provide different options depending on your country and age/medical status.
With that said: Let’s Get Into the Information.
- A Negative PCR or Antigen Test
Most countries will require you to take this regardless of your vaccination status. That being said some places may require it taken 72 hours before or 1-3 day before. For example, in this post I talked about where Canadians and Americans can travel without quarantine.
The only differences between the tests is: First, price typically an Antigen test cost $60 CAD versus the PCR $167+ and these test must be taken in an approved facility. Additionally,
- Antigen test (frequently referred to as a rapid test). This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. It can be done in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital. Turnaround time for results is usually very quick and in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
- PCR test. PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The test can be done in a clinic, hospital, or even in your car. Turnaround time is longer, generally in the 2-3 day range but results can be in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or longer(Memorial Health Care, 2021)
2. A Health Pass
Some places requires a health pass to be completed for you an your entire family. This pass is similar to a declaration of your health. For example Costa Rica’s requires one for entry. You can see an example here.
3. A Passenger Locator Form
Some you really dont like being tracked.. but you’re reading this on an iphone/cell/computer and I dont have much more to say there.. But, for some places you do require a passenger locator form to enter the country. You can see a few places requiring them here.
4. Proof of Vaccination Record
Yep. Showing proof of your vaccination status. Some places may take the receipt however, a lot of places are requiring that you place them on a certified app. For example, in Canada you must upload all your documents on ArriveCAN. Prior to departure.
5. Proof of Antibodies/Pass Recovery
This is an interesting one! But, you can show proof of past COVID (positive test) and recovery / Antibodies. I haven’t seen this frequently but some places do suggest you have it or show it to enter the country.
Last, but not least… the dreaded quarantine. Some places Require various degrees of quarantine for (non-vaccinated travellers). Quarantine days can be anywhere from waiting upon negative results to 14 days. However, in previous post I talk about some places Non-Vaccinated travellers can go. *Keep in mind please travel when it is safe to do so.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading and I’ll see you in my next post; xoxo
**Some links are affiliated meaning I receive a small omission if you purchase something through them. This purchase helps me support this blog and creating great content and I appreciate l the support.
Have You Seen my latest Posts?
8 Places That the Canadian Dollar Goes Far
Follow Me on Instagram / Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@somewhereinthe_world?lang=en